At Terroux we work with the land and the seasons and love to share our garden with people throughout the year. We are pleased to announce our 2024 program and look forward to welcoming friends, old and new to join our events and open gardens.
At the beginning of each season we will open the garden to the public with escorted garden tours by co-owner, designer and head gardener Peter Fletcher.
On the Saturday evening there will be a variety of entertainments with refreshments so that guests can enjoy good company and the superb views over the Brindabellas as the sun goes down.
On Sunday mornings co-owner and qualified Dru Yoga teacher Barbara Baikie will offer a one hour relax and revitalise yoga class. This is available for day visitors and people staying at Hygge. Go to the Yoga post on our site to book if you are a day visitor.
When our weekends fall on the first weekend of each month, the Sunday is the date of the popular Hall Markets just nearby and so residential guests can head over there when they check out or after the yoga session. The shops at Gold Creek are also a popular browsing spot and coffee or lunch stop.
There are two options for visitors:
- book out Hygge House B and B with your family, friends or work colleagues and enjoy all the offerings as inclusions. Hygge sleeps 8 guests with four bedrooms, one with ensuite plus a main bathroom. Resident guests will be welcome to attend a relaxed dinner in the main house after the evening event. Email Barb if you are interested in booking the whole of Hygge House at a special rate for this weekend: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or be welcomed as a day visitor and select which activities you’d like to do (open garden, soiree and yoga).
Open garden entry is $10 which is paid to Open Gardens Canberra upon entry: https://opengardenscanberra.org.au/
Home-made morning and afternoon tea or light lunch will be available for purchase for day visitors.
All proceeds from our soirees will be donated to BIGhART, of which Barbara Baikie is Chair.
Late Summer in the garden – 24 and 25 February 2024
- Open Garden from 10am to 4pm
- Escorted garden tours 11am and 2pm, weather permitting
- Sunset soiree from 5pm till 7pm with music by local duo Stage3
Stage3 is made up of Isabelle Faure and Denis Marotte, originally from France but now well and truly local residents.
Isabelle Faure is an actress and a musician. She studied piano and classical music from 8 to 18 years old in Lyon, France. Her interest is in classical music, film soundtracks, pop music and blues.
Denis Marotte is a musician and guitar maker. He started playing guitar as a teenager and produced himself with his band for 10 years in the Rhône-Alpes Region of France. He has been playing with different blues and rock bands in Australia for 15 years.
Isabelle and Denis started to play together two years ago. Their repertoire showcases ballads and blues. They have performed outdoors in festivals and fairs, as well as indoors at more intimate settings like cocktail parties.
Tickets $35 per person
Book for the Late Summer Soiree: https://www.trybooking.com/CNUFE
Al Phemister exhibiting at the Open Garden
Al works with industrial materials to create organic, natural forms. He imbues a sense of gentleness and movement into works to create a new object to challenge our perception of the re-use of materials.
Al takes industrial building materials, utensils held by hands over the years, discarded and unwanted items and uses them to create something new that inspires wonder. He imbues them with a sense of gentleness and movement.
From his workshop in Yass in regional New South Wales, Al captures the delicacy and fragility of the environment around him.
Al is inspired by the natural environment, his wife and his family. His work reflects his love for them and their home.
Al is a leading advocate for the arts. Sharing skills via Art workshops, Speaking and organizing arts events and advocating for the arts and artists in his community, as well as further afield.
Future garden events for your diary
Winter in the garden – 1 and 2 June 2024
- Open Garden from 10am to 2pm
- Escorted garden tour 12 noon, weather permitting
- Sunset soiree from 3pm to 5pm with music by Canberra Indie folk band Spice.
Spring in the garden – 31 August and 1 September 2024
- Open Garden from 10am to 3pm
- Escorted garden tours 11am and 1pm, weather permitting
- Sunset soiree from 4pm to 6pm with music by Milena Cifali.
Summer in the garden
- 30 November and 1 December 2024
- Escorted garden tours 11am and 2pm, weather permitting.
- Open garden from 10am to 4pm
- Sunset soiree from 5pm to 7pm